This is an important message for members of the National Youth Service Corps members who have been mobilized for the 2016 Batch B Orientation Course.
OFFICIAL NYSC CAMP REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Call Up Letter:
This is a vital part of camp registration and the only evidence that you are a prospective corps member (colloq. Corper, or Otondo) and you are not impersonating anyone. This will be taken from and not returned to you. So if at all you even forget you luggage (lol) never forget this.
Tip: DO NOT LAMINATE IT! And keep it like it’s your life. I know someone who was sent back because she forgot hers. Also, someone who had to beg and beg before his letter was collected because he laminated his own copy. So please avoid all these stress and make enough copies of this letter.
2. Registration Documents:
Foreign graduates should take along important registration documents used in registering at Abuja.
3. Final Year Student Identity CARD
Tip: If you’ve been issued your Certificate (not the statement of result), there won’t be the need for this.
4. Notification/Statement of Result from School.
5. Passport Photos: This is very important. Take as many as you can, about 20 in red backgrounds. You would need them at every registration point mostly. Then those of you who would likely redeploy or join one group or the other in camp, you would need more than others.
6. Photocopies Of Your Documents: Now make about 5-10 copies of every document required. There would be photocopiers in camp at mammy market but trust me, it is double the price and it saves time.
Tip: The forms that will be handed to you are very easy to fill. Attach your passport where necessary and fill them correctly. After your registration, you will be issued with your State Code Number. This will be like your PIN throughout your Service Year.
7. Certificates/Licences: For Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses & Lab Scientists, take along your proof of certification.
8. Stationery: Pen, Paper, Gum, Stapler, Tippex: Yeah this saves time and lots of unnecessary begging.
Tip: Some camps do seize staplers at the gate during check-in. So do not forget to include pins in your stapler if you are taking that along.
Tip: After getting your NYSC State Code Number, you can proceed to claim your NYSC Kit and Mattress after which you can proceed to get a Room. After you have gotten your kit and secured a place in the hostels, you can settle down and you are good to go to start the Military parades.
Now, Your NYSC kit should contain 1 NYSC Crested Vest, A pair of Khaki Trousers, Cap and Jacket, 2 White T-shirts, 2 Pairs of Knickers, 2 pairs of green-stripped Stockings, A Pair of Orange Jungle Boots and One Pair of White Converse. A “Belt” is also included.
YOUR DAILY NEEDS:
9. Round-necked white T-shirts: This is an essential outfit in camp in fact in most camps this is the only allowed cloth to be worn throughout your 3 weeks. Even to church, you might not be allowed to wear colored clothes. You would be given 2 pairs of white t-shirts at camp to just fulfill all righteousness which surely would never be your size especially our very slim and small otondo in size. So you can bring extra pairs (6). Why? Because you probably won’t have time to wash during the week after being stressed out from the parades and Man-O-War drills.
Tip: Do not carry more than 2 pairs of colored clothes because you won’t need it.