Home / News / Doctors Remove Lighter From Man’s Stomach After Swallowing It 20 Years Ago (Photos)

Doctors Remove Lighter From Man’s Stomach After Swallowing It 20 Years Ago (Photos)

A man in south-west China had a lighter lodged in his stomach for two decades after allegedly swallowing it by mistake.

Doctors removed the plastic object inside the stomach of the 40-year-old man last week after he had gone to the hospital.

The patient decided to seek medical attention after suffering from acute stomachache and finding blood in his faeces.

According to Jiangxi Network Television, the unnamed patient went to Dujiangyan People’s Hospital in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, on April 13 by himself.

Dr. Qiu Changwei of the department of gastroenterology inserted a small flexible endoscope along the man’s esophagus and found a black rectangular object located in the stomach.

‘It measures about nine centimeters long (3.6 inches) and it’s shiny,’ said Dr Qiu.

He guessed the object could be lighter.

Dr. Qiu also found the man had open sores and bleeding in the stomach.

The patient told the medical staff that he might have accidentally swallowed a lighter in 1998, 20 years ago.

The retrieval procedure took about 10 minutes.

The man is now recovering from the operation.

CLICK HERE to follow us on Instagram so as to get Story updates on published posts.
CLICK HERE To Follow Us on Twitter for Live Updates on Twitter
CLICK HERE to Follow Our Page on Facebook to get live updates on published post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

comments

Check Also

Kano State Government Speaks On Video Of Governor Ganduje Allegedly Receiving Bribe

The Kano State Government has reacted to the trending video of State Governor, Abdullahi Umar-Ganduje …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: